Friday 4 March 2011

What will become of Cherry and Paul?

It wasn't meant for me, and I might not have noticed had I not been self-centred enough today to feel sorry for myself, so I hope you'll forgive me for being inexplicably moved by the little series of these notices that were posted up in Stokes Croft this afternoon. I counted four, two up the gloucester road near montpelier and another two up a side street. We so rarely get glimpses into the inner lives of even our closest friends that something so emotional and intimate concerning people I've never even seen makes me yearn to relate. I can't help but wonder what happened between this couple, what Cherry has to be worried about, and what went wrong to for everythig to be 'OK' now. You're suddenly hit with a warped perspective, as if your depth perception is changing before you, as you take in the tiny detail of a life other than your own. I'm not really supposed to know, it's not addressed to me so it clearly is none of my business but I wonder if any of you have ever come across something like this? Unless this is how people communicate in Stokes Croft and I'm amazingly behind the times with all this social media, which might actually be vaguely plausible in this Wonderland city.

No comments:

Post a Comment